Thursday, July 22, 2010

Hello There

Hello, my name is Shannon. I'm a 28 years old army wife and working mother of one. My husband, Chris just returned from his second tour in Iraq. My son Austin got to have daddy home for his fourth birthday. We live here in beautiful northern Michigan and moved here from the Tacoma/Seattle area 6 years ago. I'm an X-Ray Technician at a small local hospital.

I came up with my blog name because I mainly crochet, knit and quilt. I also scrapbook, cross stitch, embroider, cook, bake, read and garden (and I use that term very loosely). I knit/crochet/quilt so I don't kill people. I find it as a way to relax and I love gifting my things to other people. I am also very blessed to have such wonderful family members and friends that truly appreciate what I make for them.

I have been wanting to start a blog for a while, but have always said "someday". Someday has become today. My expectations for the blog is to chronicle my crafting life as well as my life "in the real world". While I hope people will read this blog I don't really think that I'm that interesting. Time will tell.

Upcoming Events In My Life

1) Fiber Arts Festival at Castle Farms in Charlevoix, MI
July 24th and 25th



2) Chris's 30th birthday on July 26th


Projects in Progress

1) My first pair of socks - I took my first sock class at Imagiknits in Gaylord, MI and will be returning soon to learn how to turn the heel and do the gusset..

2) Basic Washcloth - I mad up my own stitch pattern with left over 100% cotton

3) Kids Stripped Yolk Sweater - for Austin, I got the pattern from lion brand.

4) Civil War Block of the Month (BOM)done through my local quilt shop, Hearts to Holly.


5) Over the River and Through the Woods embroidery / quilting panels from Crab Apple Hill. This is another BOM from Hearts to Holly


Fortunately for me I just finished a few things so I don't have quite as many things going on. But obviously there is quite a bit to get finished.

Well so long for now. It's late and my bed time. Awful isn't it? I remember when I would get off work on a Friday and go clubbing Friday, Saturday and Sunday night then go to work on Monday and be productive and brighteyed. Now I can't keep my eyes open past 11 pm. So it's bed time and I look forward to doing this again soon

No comments:

Post a Comment