Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Productive Week


I'm happy to say that I have a FO (finished object) with pictures and a couple more projects that almost done.

While at Jo Anns I had a little falling down, yarn was on sale and they had just restocked their free projects sheets. So I picked up a couple skeins of Bernat Satin to make a Satin Prayer Shawl it's a beautiful pink color and supports breast cancer. It will be given away as a Christmas present but I don't know to whom. That is done and completed. I also bought a couple of skeins of Lion Brand Fisherman's wool to do a Speckled Shrug.

While shopping the yarn section the Red Heart Holiday yarn was discounted too. I'm usually a Red Heart snob but this yarn was very pretty (white with a metallic yarn plied together) and soft. I'm making their Mobius Shawl and am about half way through. Also while at Jo Anns I picked up some black fleece (the fabric kind) to back my mother-in-laws frog quilt. That has yet to be sandwiched and quilted, I plan on just stitching in the ditch.


I have one of my fathers socks finished and just turned the heel of the other one. Once I finish that one I plan on knitting my moms other sock (I'm using the same neeldles to do both).

1 comment:

  1. hi there! saw that you were one of my followers on my FO blog so I thought I'd check you out. LOVE the quilt. One day I hope to learn (of course I have to learn to sew first!). lol. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! :)

    ReplyDelete