Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ready, get set, go! (But not yet)

It's almost go time for our areas local shop hop and I can't wait.

Updates include my dad visiting for a while and just in time for the Amazing Quilt Race 2010. The Amazing Quilt Race starts this weekend, August 14, and lasts one week. There are seven shops involved and include: the Quilt Cottage, Hearts to Holly, Renee's House of Quilting, Interquilten and Liberty Bell Quilts. If you are in the area this coming weekend or this upcoming week you can stop by any store and pick up a passport and participate in the shop hop. You get a stamp on your passport at each shop and each shop comes up with a block to sell for about $5.00. The blocks arrange into a possible quilt top. Each shop also has their own way of arranging and finishing the quilt. All the shops sell their finishing kits as well.

Pictures to follow of course.

On the craft front still crocheting, knitting and quilting

In the past the fabrics have been correlated so that all fabrics from each shop goes well together. Each shop hands out door prizes and their is a drawing for a grand prize

Little man will be spending the day with grandma and papa while mom, dad and I go quilting. So I anticipate everybody having a good time.

On the crafting home front I am still working on the same damn projects. I either need more hours in the day or less sleep. (Although I'm sure my family wouldn't appreciate the side affects of sleep deprivation.)

No comments:

Post a Comment